Sunday, January 24, 2016

Happily getting it together....

Back to reality...
vacation is over....
the kids have convalesced...

I started my weekend with a visit to our local art museum
for a reception 
where I viewed some signed prints from the Norman Rockwell Museum


and the opening of a wonderful photography exhibit.


Art feeds my soul
and that makes me happy!

Earlier this month,
I embarked on several projects
(just in case I didn't have enough going on!)
to embrace my word of the year....

Happy

This is my first time taking Ali Edwards' One Word class...

I spent a little bit of time filling out the various parts of this month's prompts.


It took some time to really hone in on what my intentions are
and 
decide how I hope to integrate "happy" into my life,
but it helped to clarify a lot

Ali's project is a good way for me to combine my love of journaling
and my need to revisit my plan for this year 
over and over
in a beautiful medium.


My other big project this year is 
Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project...


In her introduction,
the author develops Twelve Commandments...
I have come up with 9 
(so far!)
some of which I have borrowed from her...
like Let it go (huge for me!!!) and Enjoy the process
but I added a few of my own
especially,
Enjoy this moment.


I need to get out of my head and just live in the present. 

Each chapter of the book focuses on an area of Ms Rubin's life
that she wants to address in her happiness project.

In Chapter 1, January,
she focuses on beginning to declutter her physical space
 as well as starting to address her desire for more energy.

I did a lot of decluttering this fall
in an effort to relocate..


and while I still need to pay attention 
to my tendency to be a "pile-er" (my mom's name for my habit),
I don't want that to be the only focus for what's left of this month.

So I added a couple of her January "resolutions"
to my chart
along with some of my own...


I am not sure how I will work going forward...
within her monthly themes or some other way.

If any of you have also started a Happiness Project 
or have embarked on a similar journey in the past,
I would love to hear about it.

My "friend" who is joining me on this journey 
is even further behind than me!!
and it is only January :-)

At the top of each resolution chart,
Ms. Rubin posts a quote.

I browsed the world wide web for a quote
that is more reflective of the beginning of my journey
and found this on Pinterest..


I still have a lot to learn
but I am happy to be here.

1 comment: