Sunday, September 20, 2015

To blog or not to blog...



... that is the question....

I have been pondering the possibility of returning to blogging.... 
hoping that it might help me to find my creative muse 
that appears to have lost its way this summer...

Despite my misplaced passion to create, 
some of my most recent work has been recognized and for that I am very grateful....

My "porcine" piece, Olive. Olive you. , is now in print... 

In the latest issue of Quilting Arts....



Olive appears along with other winners in the  Quilt Alliance's "Animals We Love" contest.. 


Next weekend I will be able to see my quilt one last time in NYC
 at Quilters Take Manhattan (will I see you there?!)
before she is headed to eBay along with the other 88 quilts
 to be auctioned off to benefit the Quilt Alliance.


I also entered a "Reality Warps" call by Lyric Kinard using her Abstract-a-licious technique



 and was one of  eight pieces that will be featured on an upcoming episode of 
Ricky Tims' and Alex Anderson's The Quilt Show!

So, if I can just muster up that infectious excitement again, 
that crazy spirit to make art...
perhaps you will see me posting here more often...

Whenever you are creating beauty around you,
You are restoring your own soul.

-Alice Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment