Tuesday, March 17, 2015

eia 'au [A-ee-ah ow] ...

which means "I am here" in Hawai'ian!

I have not been in blogland lately
because I was on vacation with hubby and friends
on the Hawai'ian Islands!

I will not bore you with the all details (and the 900+ photos!)
but we did spend a few nights on the the Big Island (aka Hawaii) in Hilo...

Mr. U was anxious to see a volcano or two so we visited Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park!

We walked through a large lava tube...


 in an area that is a rainforest...


filled with ferns and palms...



viewed the Kilauea Caldera...


                           
   wandered on fields of hardened lava..



with wonderful patterns..


and marveled at the Holei Sea Arch..



Then we spent 6 nights on Maui, at Kaanapali...

I had no idea that it is whale mating season 
from mid December through mid May..


so we had many whale sightings each day...



 Kaanapali beach was beautiful...





and the sunsets amazing!





We took a helicopter ride over Maui...


which was...


beyond....


my wildest dreams!


Truly....


spectacular!


And from the sky,
all the way down....


 to the bottom of the ocean...


in a submarine...


I spent a lot of time 


admiring the flora...


and
the rocks and shells...















so much color!!!!

so much inspiration!!! 

so much beauty!!!

(and no snow!!!)

But no trip would be complete without a trip
to a quilt shop...


for a few goodies!


and I expect there will be some Hawai'ian inspired projects soon!

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment