Friday, January 16, 2015

The Hills are Alive with the Sound of..... Mixed Media!

I am a huge fan of The Sound of Music!
And since I live in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains,
you might be able to hear me making a huge mess as I dabble in mixed media!

Now just in case you were worried...
after recently returning from the dead
followed by my temporary freezing to death
I am happy to report that I am very much alive!!!


Last year, starting about a month late, 
I joined the Documented Life Project (DLP)
in which I used a Moleskine weekly planner
to attempt as best as I could to furnish evidence or documents
(or just play with mixed media)
that I was indeed living!

(all year long!)

So.... 
in order to once again verify/substantiate/confirm
that I am indeed living (still!),
I am participating in the DLP 2015!

Most of the participants are using 
and so am I!

This is the cover of my journal...


Inside the cover, 
I taped down two photos...
one of the display of pastels at an art store
and
one of my studio...


Our first challenge was to use book paper 
and our journal prompt was to be our own goal keeper...

  
I listed my goals under the tags.
My 2015 word is Breathe (that should help to sustain my life, right?)
 essentially.... to let go.

Our second challenge was gesso 
Who can live without it?!.... not I!
(Though not really essential to life!)
and our journal prompt was the quote below...


These pages used a variety of mixed media supplies 
including (but not limited to)
gesso, book pages, tissue paper, stencils, spray ink, markers galore, rubber stamps, stamp pad, watercolors, acrylic paints, pencils and washi tape.

The essentials of mixed media that seem to sustain my artful life these days!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment