Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Coming up for air!!!

I keep thinking that I must blog!!! 
Clearly, thinking and doing are two very separate actions!!!!

I have been so busy lately
that I barely have time to breathe!!!

Where to start?!!!
Well, after I snow dyed some fabric, 
I decided to use this piece.... 




(I think there is a shadow from the dried up remains of our hosta plants... but I didn't dare venture out further into the snow!)



I haven't made a pillow for sooooo long and like so many of my projects,
 it is not for me,
 but rather for a special friend. 


Then....I have also been working on Life Book 2014...
learning some wonderful drawing techniques 


and having so much fun!

(hmmmm... this one has a copyright on it! How did I do that?)

I also made a birthday post card for my mother's birthday
with machine applique/free motion stitching, stamping,


and a little photo editing printed on fabric...


But I am not always at home!!!
Nature Boy and I went to our local art museum
to see a wonderful exhibit...


Ansel Adams "Early Works"-
gorgeous photography!!!

There was also an exhibit of "Photo Secession"-
a technique used by photographers at the turn of the 20th century
to make their photographs look like paintings.

And...
I am knitting my second pair of socks...

(these are for Mr. U)

As for the rest of my waking hours....

well, Sugar Baby decided a week ago
to return to public school after 4 1/2  years of homeschooling...

So what have I been doing with my newly acquired 
free time (Nature Boy doesn't require too much of my time)???!!

Cleaning the house!!!! 
Seriously???!
(well it's either spring cleaning a lot late or a little early)


 My cousin thinks our house looks Brady Bunch like..


not surprising, since this is a 1970s kitchen that still looks like the 1970s!

I am still going to the gym before the sun rises...


and when I have a minute,
sitting in my clean kitchen
I  enjoy watching the birds share meals at the bird feeder...



(handmade by Nature Boy)

and finally, when Mother Nature dumps on us,
I have been known to pick up a shovel... 




So you see, I may not have blogged...
but I have managed fill my waking hours with enough stuff to make blogging worthwhile!!!

Now, I'll just take a deep breath and off I go....!