Sunday, December 29, 2013

Finally done!

Welcome to my cozy studio!!!


I used to call it my sewing room but
I do so much non-sewing supplies in there 
that I have come to call it my studio!!

As you open the French doors,
you can see my sewing nook, 
work station, lounging area and
some of my storage....


Mr. U made me a cutting table many years ago.
It is well loved and used all the time. When not in use,
it often becomes a place to make incredible piles 
of who knows what!

The desk is a later addition.
I now have my laptop there 
for doing my landlord paperwork, etc.



From the desk, you can see some of my knick knacks
on one of the built-in shelves Mr. U constructed, 
as well as some of the art I have displayed
and lots of my mixed media supplies.


and finally....
my floor-to-ceiling built-in shelves, also constructed by Mr. U,
that hold my fabric, mixed media supplies, 
a plethora of books and so much more!


Some of the art on the wall was made by me, 
however, much of the art on the desk side of the studio is
from online swaps and online friends which I covet!

Of course, I could always use more storage space
and more wall space for display
but I am fortunate to have my own studio space!

So... now I am ready to create!
I have a quiltie to make for our Tangled Textiles blog
which is due at the end of January after we decided 
to extend the deadline.

I also enrolled in Life Book 2014
and I am about ready to get started!!!

Now to enjoy my clean and cozy nook!

7 comments:

  1. It all looks so lovely. I wonder how long it will stay so gorgeous. But in reality I think I like it messy cos it means you are happy and working

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Love the french doors leading into your studio. Everything looks great; ready for your creative talents! Happy New Year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is looking good! Don't you feel inspired?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time Lisa clean,
    Any Angel gets its wings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Lisa! Now if our studios can only stay that way when the creativity muse is running amuck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Lisa! I can't wait to see what comes out of your wonderful studio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Your studio is great! I live in mine literally! Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete